Frequently Asked Question
TBC Emails allow you to setup forwards between itself and a personal account.
Why would you want to setup a forward between TBC and a personal email address? Quite simply your TBC email address is not permanent. If you leave TBC for any reason and do not return by the following semester your account is suspended. If you have not returned within the year, your account is deleted. Forwards let you setup a backup of all of your important emails.
One example of an important email is a serial number for a product you purchased on student discount. Many such discounts are contingent upon use of a valid school email.
Another reason to setup a forward is to receive all "Account lockout" and "Change password" requests as these by default go to your TBC email address. Which honestly makes it kind of hard to unlock and change your password if you can't access your email in the first place.
The following section was taken from Google' s Help documents: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
You can forward all of your new messages, or just specific kinds of messages. Note that spam messages aren't included when you choose to forward all new mail.
Forward all new emails
- Open the Gmail account that you want to forward from.
- At the top right, click the gear .
- Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, we'll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon .
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Forward only some emails:
If you only want to forward certain kinds of messages to another account, use filters to forward messages that meet specific criteria. For example, a parent could automatically forward emails from their child’s school to the other parent.
To forward emails to multiple accounts, you can use filters to forward specific types of messages to each account. You can create up to 20 filters that forward to other addresses.
SEE ALSO: Setting Up a Filter