Frequently Asked Question
Add Email to Windows Phone
Last Updated 6 years ago
Windows PhoneGoogle Help Link - https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/138636?hl=en&ref_topic=2752493
Before you set up Google Sync on your Windows®
mobile device, back up your contacts and calendars from your mobile device to your computer.
These instructions are for devices running Windows®
Phone 7 and 8.
- Swipe left on the Start screen to open the Apps list.
- Touch Settings>Email + accounts>Add an account>Advanced setup.
- Enter your Google Account email address and application-specific password.
- Touch Next.
- Touch Exchange ActiveSync to select the type of account you want to set up.
- Enter your Google Account email address as your username.
- Leave the Domain text box empty. If your device requires you to enter a domain name, enter google.
- Enter m.google.com as the server name.
- Choose your download settings.
- Check the Contacts, Calendar, and Email boxes, depending on what you want to sync.
Note: Tasks is not supported.
- Touch Sign in.
Enable the Send Mail As feature
- In a web browser, add another email address that you own.
- On your device, go to m.google.com/sync/settings.
- Select your device and check the Enable "Send Mail As" for this device box.
- Touch Save.
Enable Delete Email As Trash
By default, with Google Sync for Windows Phone 7.5 and higher, Gmail archives a message, but doesn't delete it when you delete mail in your Mail app. When you enable Delete Email As Trash for a device, messages go to Gmail Trash when you touch Delete
in your Mail app. To enable this setting, go to m.google.com/sync/settings in your mobile browser.
If you accidentally delete a message, you can find it by signing in to your Gmail or Google Apps account in a web browser and going to Trash. By default, Trash is emptied from Gmail every 30 days.
Choosing which calendars to sync
Google Sync can sync up to 25 Google Calendars with the Calendar app on your Windows Phone (7.5+).
- Open your browser on your phone and go to
- Click on
Google Apps user?
at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your domain name (e.g., YourDomain.com).
- Click the
icon in your domain area (this section has a green background).
- Sign in if required.
- Select your device to configure Calendars.
Using Google Calendar on your Windows Phone 7.5+
With Google Sync enabled, you can do the following actions in Google Calendar using the Calendar app:
- Create events and edit event details.
- Change your Alert Reminder Time, e.g. "30 minutes before".
- See your list of pending invitations.
- When you’re invited to an event, it shows up with a dotted line on the left side of the event in your calendar. If you choose Accept or Maybe, it changes to solid, and if you Decline, the event is removed.
- When viewing meeting invitations in your inbox, the calendar icon at the bottom lets you update your attendee status.